The primary focus of this position will be managing the day to day activities of the production floor by assigning, and directing work, appraising performance, rewarding and disciplining employees, addressing complaints, and resolving problems to ensure efficient and timely production of output; the highest safety and quality standards are achieved. This position will report to the Managing Director.
Job Location: Lagos State.
- Draw up a production schedule, coordinate production activities and functions, manage the production schedule, analyzing needs, and foster an environment of teamwork.
- Monitors inventories, and requests raw material for production and packaging.
- Promotes safety in the work area by complying with safety procedures and reporting all accidents in a timely manner.
- Tracks key indicators of the production team’s performance including safety, efficiency, waste, downtime, labour costs, and industrial accidents while communicating these indicators to the team for further action.
- Organize production activities in a timely and cost-effective fashion to ensure that internal and external customer needs are met.
- Mentors, coaches, and motivates team members by setting a good example with regard to attitude, work quality, safe practices, performance improvement, attendance, follow-through, and organization.
- Assist in minimizing downtime by working with managers and maintenance staff.
- Implement on the job training to ensure team members are competent by teaching them all fundamentals of bakery production. This will include mixing, scaling, proofing, baking and finishing.
- Plan aggressive merchandising programs for increased sales. Assist management with cross merchandising ideas with other departments.
- Assist in maintaining effective department security in compliance with company policy and directives.
- Maintain a high level of coordination and communication with other departments to ensure a smooth flow of products and service throughout the store and within the bakery operation.
- Maintain adequate and appropriate department records at all times.
- Know and have the ability to cost out all material to determine proper retails as well as a master production sheet.
- Evaluate department conditions and operations to determine strengths and areas for improvement; reinforces strengths while developing and implementing improved practices and procedures.
- Any other duty of similar responsibility assigned from time to time.
- Bachelor’s degree In Food Production or equivalent.
- 5 -7 years in a food, beverage or bakery environment required.
- Strong leadership experience in a supervisory or managerial role.
- Strong understanding of baking or food science and operations.
- Thorough knowledge of Excel, Word, and Windows.
- Strong and effective communication skills – written & oral.
- Strong organizational and problem solving skills.
- Understanding of manufacturing processes.
- Strong and effective hands-on supervisory capability within a production environment.
- High level of organizational skills and demonstrated ability to meet deadlines and manage multiple tasks in a very dynamic environment.
- Quality and efficiency-driven mindset; attention to detail.
Proposed Salary & How to Apply:
- N80, 000 – N120, 000/ m ( based on experience)
- Candidates with similar background and required experience should forward CVs to ‘Mgtpositions@stresert.com’ using ‘HOP’ as subject of mail before 24th June, 2017. Applicants without the aforementioned background and experience need not apply.