One of the leading international legal practitioners in the Nigerian legal sector is looking to hire a Personal Assistant for the office of the Managing Partner preferably a FEMALE to balance the team.
Job Location: Lagos Island.
The duties includes clerical, administrative, research and include scheduling travel, arranging meetings, handling information requests, preparing reports and correspondence and liaising with clients. In a nut shell, the role provides an efficient and responsive administrative, organizational, and logistical service to the Managing Partner, helping to manage and prioritize time.
Description of Duties:
- All administrative tasks required for the post.
- Assist prepare documents, including legal briefs, court papers, spreadsheets and other office-related letters.
- Organize and maintain all legal files kept on-site, also maintain electronic-filing databases.
- Filter emails, highlight urgent correspondence and print attachments.
- Provide the Managing Partner with direct assistance, such as helping with research for cases, gathering necessary documents for trials and ensuring paperwork are submitted to courthouses.
- Schedule client appointments, answering calls, taking notes during legal meetings and maintaining the firm’s legal research references.
- Acts as the first point of contact for the Managing Partner’s Office and guarantees the image of all departments internally and externally.
- Prepares meeting programs as well as organisational aspects and materials.
- Arranges all aspects concerning travel i.e. detailed agendas, schedules, flights, hotel reservations, transfers, visas etc. This also includes visitors from within and outside the Cluster.
- Administers the calendars and meeting schedules together with arranging meeting resources where appropriate.
- Effectively takes minutes of meetings where necessary.
- It is desired that the ideal candidate have some form of international exposure OR have previously worked in a multinational organisation.
- Develops a clear understanding and knowledge of all applicable company policies / procedures, organisation requirements and company operations.
- Assist with ad-hoc project work where clearly defined administrative support is required.
- This person may often close late as the need arises.
The ability to multitask effectively. Strong organizational skills and attention to detail are also essential for this role. Computer skills are required. Good communication skills are also necessary to instruct staff members and to address clients. Familiarity with legal terminology and government regulations will be a huge advantage for this role.
Education & Knowledge:
- Must be a graduate in Secretarial, paralegal or business related studies.
- We desire a candidate with some International exposure (studied abroad or frequent visit).
- Must be proficient with the keyboard and IT applications (this may be tested during the selection process).
- Intermediate level in the use of Word, Excel and PowerPoint Skills (all essential)
- Excellent organizational skills, ability to multi-task and organize others.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills and ability to professionally represent the Partner’s office.
- Ability to work under pressure and be flexible as part of a small team.
- Attention to detail and deadlines; Ability to filter information and assess priorities.
- Ability to prioritize and manage own workload amid conflicting demands and busy work periods; Ability to think ahead and anticipate needs before they arise.
Salary & Application:
- Salary is N200, 000/m
- Interested candidates with a minimum of four (4) years experience in this role should forward applications to ‘email@example.com’using ‘Law firm – PA’ as the subject of mail before 22nd October, 2017.