The principal purpose of this role is to foster logistics and travel plans and processes in the organization. This includes local and international travel arrangements’, visa processing, hotel bookings, airport pickups etc for senior management and key staff in the organization.
Other roles are:
- Identify, establish and communicate effective logistical procedures to be used in transport operations, ensuring all stakeholders are aware and follow company procedures while handling company vehicles.
- Responsible for controlling, supervising and optimizing the allocation of duties to drivers and all staff under their charge to ensure high performance standards are maintained.
- Experience/knowledge of Round the World Fare and fare rules while liaising with the company’s designated travel agent.
- Obtain quotations from agents or various airlines to find the best flight prices, options, buy and refund airline tickets as requested. Check-in for flights, select seats per preference and communicate to the traveling staff.
- The officer facilitates the travel of staff members going to other countries on official business. He/She secures their visas, medical insurance information for all travels including itineraries related to flights and accommodation as requested.
- Manage databases of frequent flyer miles for directors and management; tickets and other important data.
- Arrange hotels and airport transfers, travel packages in anticipation of travel for staff, management and contractors working on projects.
- Provide periodic reports on expenditure and related information regarding travel.
- Build and maintain cordial relationships with various Government agencies at international and domestic airports to facilitate effective meet and greet services.
- The officer will assist with organizing events that involve international guest. He/she sends invitations and arranges to receive visitors; plan for their accommodation.
- The protocol officer is expected to plan the timetable of foreign visitors. He/She arranges for transportation where necessary and ensures the visitor’s schedule does not suffer from complications and delays.
- Provide protocol to clients at the airport both international and domestic
- To deal with Immigration Authority and airport security force for clearance of clients.
- Arrange collection of travelers and baggage.
- Ensure speedy passage through airport – process travel documents.
- Make airport arrangement pick up and drop; Supervise escort patrol.
- Protect clients from extortion or harassment by airport authorities.
- Transferring passengers through the airport.
- Assist with other office function when less busy with travel arrangements.
- Willingness to work outside office hours.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Degree in Social Sciences/Business Administration
- Diploma in Travel IATA
- Diploma in Logistics is an added advantage.
- 5 - 7 years working experience in the travel industry with good working knowledge of ticketing and travel logistics.
- Extensive knowledge of the airline industry and the foreign embassies/Visa Application Agencies.
- Exhibit a high level of initiative, objectivity, integrity and commitment.
- Good team spirit and human relations management.
- Good negotiation and communication skills both written and spoken, email etiquette, invoicing.
- Good organizational and management skills, an analytic mind and good numeracy skills.
- Good diplomacy skills and tact in dealing with team members, tired drivers and colleagues.
- Outgoing and confident with a pleasant personality; independent and self-motivated.
- Proficient with Internet use, MS-Office and good problem solving skills.
- High attention to details and a team player.
How to apply:
- Experienced Protocol/Logistics Executives should forward CVs to ‘firstname.lastname@example.org’ using ‘TLPE’ as subject of mail before 10th August, 2017. Applicants’ who have not worked in the above position and industry need not apply.