Our client is an industrial printing organization based on the mainland of Lagos with equipment and facilities that cannot be rivalled in sub-Saharan Africa. As a result of growth and expansion, the service of a graphic designer is required for immediate employment.
The ideal graphic designer will be responsible for creating design solutions that have a high visual impact. The role involves listening to clients and understanding their needs before making design decisions.
- Meeting clients or account managers to discuss the business objectives and requirements of the job;
- interpreting the client's business needs and developing a concept to suit their purpose;
- estimating the time required to complete the work and providing quotes for clients;
- developing design briefs by gathering information and data through research;
- thinking creatively to produce new ideas and concepts;
- using innovation to redefine a design brief within the constraints of cost and time;
- presenting finalised ideas and concepts to clients or account managers;
- working with a wide range of media, including photography and computer-aided design (CAD);
- proofreading to produce accurate and high-quality work;
- contributing ideas and design artwork to the overall brief;
- demonstrating illustrative skills with rough sketches;
- working on layouts and art working pages ready for print;
- keeping abreast of emerging technologies in new media, particularly design programs such as InDesign, FreeHand, Illustrator, Photoshop, Corel drawl, Acrobat, Director, Dreamweaver and Flash etc;
- Advise clients on strategies to reach a particular audience;
- work as part of a team with printers, copywriters, photographers, stylists, illustrators, other designers, account executives, web developers and marketing specialists.
- Incorporate changes recommended by the clients into the final design
- Knowledge of pre-press operations
- Must be able to do page planning and imposition
- Must be very creative and present a portfolio of designs created and of course, will carry out a practical test at the client’s place
- Desired candidates should have background in the printing industry (advantage)
- Must be IT savvy (Photoshop, Corel drawl) etc
- Organizational skills with attention to detail
- Reporting skills, deadline-oriented, time management
- Reasoning ability, mathematical ability, and logical thinking skills
- Excellent interpersonal and written communication skills
- The desired candidate should be a graduate of Art (OND/HND/ Bsc).
- Must have 4 – 5 years work experience as a core graphic artist.
- Monday – Friday
- Saturday: Half day (twice a month)
SAMPLE OF WORK & SOFTWARE:
- It is required that you attach past samples of work done.
- A list of software packages that candidates are expert with/ or have made use of in the past should be listed on the CV.
- The above is very important; applicants who do not compile with the above will not be assessed for the role.
- QUALIFIED APPLICANTS SHOULD SEND CVs to ‘firstname.lastname@example.org’ using ‘GRART II’ as subject of mail.
- Salary is N80, 000 – N100, 000/ m (negotiable based on experience).
- Application closes Monday 23rd October, 2017