MRS is an African conglomerate in diverse activities, yet focused on capturing the entire value chain in oil trading, shipping, storage, distribution and retailing.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Trading Operator
Job Code: AJ05-07
Location: Tincan - Lagos
Department: Supply & Trading
Grade: Senior Officer
Reports to: GM- Supply & Trading
Internal Working Relationships: Finance Geneva/ Finance Lagos/Risk Mgt/ Marketing & Sales/Terminal Ops /Marine Ops.
External Working Relationships: Counter Parties (Supplier/Buyer) Inspectors; Agents; STS Providers; Brokers; ship Owners.
- The Trading Operator is responsible for the timely execution and implementation of agreed terms & conditions as per the trader’s deal recap.
- The Jobholder is responsible for all operational obligations as stated in the contract and is required to coordinate all service providers involved i.e. inspectors, agents, providers, brokers, vessel owners.
- He/She is also required to negotiate and charter vessels at best competitive rates, terms and conditions.
- Review, negotiate and agree Purchase & Sales contracts are in line with agreed terms as stated in the traders recap and as per Incotems latest issue.
- Add value to the execution of deals by exercising embedded commercial and logistical options via a pro-active approach to problem solving;
- Liaise with counterparties to ensure smooth operations that will avoid delays and minimize demurrage costs.
- Liaise with all relevant service providers (Terminals/Vessels/Inspectors/Agents/Brokers) on a regularly basis; ensuring all post deal activities & operational information are passed on in good time, as well as documentary requirements are me
- Provide all cost related, Port Information, restrictions and limitations of proposed/intended purchase & supply to the trader.
- Revert with constant feedback to the trader on operational stumble blocks/difficulties encountered during operations for future negotiations.
- Regularly update the Trading Solution system “ASPECT”, SAP and Trading position with operational information and Cost Estimates.
- Negotiate and Control all Trade Operations related costs
- Ensure all nominations; Voyage Order; Loading/Discharge Orders are sent out timely. Monitor Progress of all operations.
Liaison with Finance:
- Liaise with finance department to ensure financial securities are in place.
- Negotiate and charter vessels when required for an operation.
- Ensure that vessels charters are at the best competitive rate and shape for the job
Liaison with Stakeholders:
- Liaise with PPMC for Coastal Product Allocations; Delivery; Reconciliation of same.
- Key Performance Indicators
- Operations Turnaround Time.
- A good first degree in a relevant field.
- Additional relevant certifications will be added advantage.
Knowledge,Skills and Competencies:
- Good knowledge of Internatinal trade and the Incortems
- Good knowledge of Shipping terms
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
- Forward thinking with natural aptitude for implementing innovative processes
- Proficiency in French will be added advantage.
- At least 2 year Experience in Oil Trading Operations, Ship Operations and related logistics roles.
- Resilient, dedicated and Passionate
- Ability to work independently; with deadlines in a proactive manner.
Application Closing Date
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their cover letter and CV's