ChildMinder - Our client, an established Nursery attached to a School in Maryland area of Lagos State, is in need of suitably qualified candidates to fill the position below:
Job Title: Nursery Manager
Location: Maryland, Lagos
- We are looking to employ a Manager with experience, fresh energy and ideas, who is willing to take on the challenge of a well-established Nursery, whilst maintaining our consistent excellent reputation.
- The Nursery Manager will have full support from the Senior Management team.
- You will provide leadership, guidance and support to our team of enthusiastic, qualified and experienced early years practitioners.
- To maintain and exceed achieved high standards of care and education.
- To effectively lead and manage the staff team including recruitment and retention, providing day to day guidance, training and support to all staff.
- To ensure all policies, procedures and curriculum's are implemented and adhered to at all times.
- To keep abreast of current early childhood thinking/trends.
- To effectively manage the budgets and occupancy levels.
- To implement an effective parent liaison programme and be influential in developing strong links with parents.
- To manage all day to day operations of the nursery.
- To be able to maintain and develop our stimulating environment by providing a high level of quality childcare, whilst delivering positive outcomes for both children and staff.
You will need to have the following qualifications, training and experience to qualify for this Nursery Manager position:
- A minimum of two years leadership and management experience in an early years setting.
- A recognized qualification in Early Years Education and Childcare.
- Experience of leading and supporting teams and the overall day to day running of a nursery.
- Excellent knowledge of the Montessori early years curriculum and child development to ensure that all the children's individual needs are met.
- Experience of supporting and mentoring a staff team including staff training, supervision, appraisal and development.
- The ability to supervise and organize the planning of activities following the Montessori curriculum with children and staff.
- Excellent knowledge of health and safety policies and procedures.
- Excellent organizational skills with the ability to work to targets and deadlines.
- Good time management skills.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Strong people management skills.
- Previous relevant supervisory experience.
- Large daycare/nursery site experience and large team experience.
Depending on experience.
Application Closing Date
24th May, 2017.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should forward an updated copy of their Curriculum Vitae and cover letter