Job Title: Graduate Intern
Position Level: Young Professional
Duty Station: NEPAD Planning and Coordinating Agency, Mid rand, Johannesburg, South Africa
Supervisor: Advisor, NEPAD Science and Technology Innovation Hub
Intern to support Policy Analysis and Data Management, NEPAD Science and Technology Innovation Hub (NSTIH).
Required Skills and Competencies
Required Skills and Competencies
- Demonstrated commitment to the African development (field experience on the continent and/or in other developing countries is an added advantage).
- Knowledge in research methodology, data collection, entry, statistical data analysis and reporting is a requirement.
- High level of integrity and accountability, flexible approaches to work coupled with enthusiasm, commitment and energetic.
- Maintain confidentiality at the highest level at all times.
- designing of data collection tools and plan for data collection.
- Ability to conduct interview with respondents, conduct focus group discussions and review of existing documents.
- Ability to interpret statistical data analysis results.
- Ability to draft reports.
- Citizen of an AU member country or an African in the Diaspora
Educational and Experience:
- Candidates must hold a minimum of a university degree in Economics, Statistics, Social Sciences or related technical field, while current enrolment or the completion of a post- graduate degree will be an added advantage.
- Candidates should have two (2) to five (5) years post-University qualifications.Other Relevant Skills
- Proficient with statistical data analysis packages such as SPSS, Stata, Microsoft Access and any other data analysis packages.
- Good knowledge of MS- Office suite.
Tenure of Placement :
The placement will be made on a NEPAD short-term contract for 6 months in line with the Agency’s YPP.
The NEPAD Planning and Coordinating Agency is an equal opportunity employer and qualified female young professionals are strongly encouraged to apply for the placement.
Application for Placement:
To apply, please submit the following:
- A motivation letter stating reasons for seeking YPP position with the NEPAD Agency
- Curriculum vitae (CV) not exceeding three (3) pages and indicating your nationality, age and gender.
- One (1) referee with good knowledge of the candidate’s work, furnishing full contact details, telephone, fax and e-mail addresses.
- Certified copies of degrees and diplomas.
- Remuneration: In line with the NEPAD Young Professionals Programme (YPP), the remuneration is in form of a stipend / basic allowance.
- Applications must be received not later than Monday, 08 February 2016, and should be addressed to:
NEPAD Planning and Coordinating Agency
P O Box 1234 Halfway House Midrand, 1685
Email: email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Application Deadline: February 8th 2016
The New Partnership for Africa’s Development (NEP
- Possess good analytical and excellent interpersonal skills.
- Fluency in English; knowledge of French will be considered as an asset.
- Good judgment and analytical ability.
- Proactive approach to foresee road-blocks and resolve them.
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to design studies including identification of variables and appropriate analysis methodology,