Shoregate Hotels - A reputable hotel in Nigeria, requires the services of the position below:
Job Title: General Manager
- The General Manager is responsible to manage property operations on a day to day basis to assure optimum performance and continual improvement in the five Key Result Areas (guest service, employees, sales/marketing, property appearance, and profit/financial control.
- Coordinates, directs and manages the staff and everyday hotel operations to achieve profitability, guest satisfaction and efficiency while maintaining standards set by the company assuring 100% guest satisfaction.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
These include the following (other duties may be assigned):
- Demonstrates and promotes a 100% commitment to providing the best possible experience for our guests and employees.
Financial and Sales:
- Responsible for preparation of property budget and forecasts.
- Manages labor standards and property level expenses to achieve maximum flow through to the bottom line profit.
- Explains and manages financial activities. Reconcile all financial accounts.
- Monitors collection of in-house guest balances and direct bill receivables, commission payments by vendors, and issuance of refund checks.
- Participates and monitors monthly inventory of supplies and equipment. Ensures purchases made are within budget and by approved vendors.
- Works with Sales to manage all sales activities of the property and meet revenue objectives. Activities include setting goals, completing competitive surveys, taking reservations and compiling reports.
- Identifies and seeks out potential business in local market. Maintains relationships with local companies and key people to increase Shoregate’s visibility within the local market.
- Coordinates and implements sales and marketing activities of the property.
- Promotes 100% guest satisfaction throughout property. Instills the 100% guest satisfaction objective to all employees.
- Ensures that all guest related issues are resolved in a manner consistent with the company's goals and objectives.
- Recruits qualified applicants. Trains employees in accordance with company standards.
- Motivates and gives direction to all employees.
- Communicates all policies and procedures to entire staff. Conducts regular meetings to provide various information including company communications, policy reviews, local property activities, goals, etc.
- Adheres to federal, state and local laws employment related laws and regulations.
- Manages employee personnel forms, including hiring, performance evaluations, payroll and benefits related information, required Federal and State postings, etc.
- Conducts coaching/counseling sessions; performance evaluations; prepares performance improvement plans, disciplinary documentation; conducts terminations.
- Ensures that employee related issues are resolved in a manner consistent with company policies.
- Performs duties in all aspects of hotel operations whenever needed.
- Inspects and documents repairs and cleanliness of property to ensure optimum upkeep and repair, room cleanliness and overall property appearance.
- Serves as "Manager on Duty" .
- Provides other relief or back-up duties as needed at the hotel including front desk coverage, housekeeping, and other duties to ensure the optimum operation of the property.
- Directly manages the hotel staff on a daily basis; supervises all employees on the Property. Is responsible for the overall direction, coordination, and evaluation of this unit.
- Carries out management responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
Education and/or Experience:
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience in hotel and catering field with at least 3 years in a managerial position of a 4 star hotel.
- BSC/HND/ BA
- Ability to read and speak the English language and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence.
- Ability to effectively present information in one on one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
- Ability to effectively communicate professionally with guests, associates, supervisors, and others as required for optimum operation of the property. Conversational Spanish would be beneficial.
Organization and Time Management Skills:
- Ability to organize multiple projects; manage and prioritize multiple tasks and meet deadlines.
- Basic knowledge of computers and software including ability to use e-mail, word processing, and spreadsheet software.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online