Together Medtronic and Covidien are working to improve how healthcare addresses the needs of more people, in more ways and in more places around the world. As one company, we can accelerate and advance our ability to create meaningful innovations - but we will only succeed with the right people on our team. This is the ideal opportunity to join us, and be part of our commitment to the health of others.
We know the combined resources of Medtronic and Covidien will be transformative, creating new methodologies and new opportunities. Whatever your specialty or ambitions, you can make a difference at Medtronic – both in the lives of others and your career.
Medtronic is a $27.8b company with more than 85K employees in more than 160 countries.
Field Service & Support Engineer
We are currently looking for a Field Service & Support Engineer to join our team in Lagos. As a Field Service & Support Engineer you will be primarily responsible for preforming tests and repairs on our equipment as well as training technicians and other personnel as required. We are looking for an experienced clinical/biomedical engineer who is enjoys creating long term relationships and strives for excellent service at all times.
- Routinely travels to customer sites to perform tests and repairs of products
- Performs technical assignments such as assembly of equipment and parts to satisfy customers’ equipment needs
- Maintains accurate and timely records, technical data and testing documentation
- Observes product in use in surgery to determine if customer problems are equipment or user related
- Demonstrates skill in the use and care of all tools and equipment
- Previous experience in testing and repairing medical devices
- Clinical/Biomedical Engineering education necessary
- Willingness to travel 70%
- Living in the area of Lagos
- Good problem solving skills
- Excellent communications skills
- Drive to exceed expectations
Method of Application
To apply for this position, visit Medtronic career website on Taleo
This is a Covidien Group role in Medtronic. We only accept applications through our career site.