La Fayette Microfinance Bank Limited will join Cameroon, Ghana, Democratic Republic of Congo, Tanzania, Cambodia and Ivory Coast as member of Advans group network. Advans SA SICAR was created in 2005 by Horus Development Finance together with several development financial institutions: IFC, FMO, KFW, CDC, EIB, AFD Group.
La Fayette Microfinance Bank recently received the Approval-in-Principle from the Central Bank of Nigeria to carry out microfinance services in Oyo State.
We are recruiting to fill the below position:
Job Title: Credit Risk Analyst
Job Reference: IBD/ADV/CRA02
Location: Ibadan, Oyo
Main responsibilities and tasks include, but not limited to the following:
- Analyzes and gives a motivated opinion on every credit file to be presented to LCM from N3 million. This tasks implies the following:
- Ensures that the file is complete (documents, appendix, etc.)
- Checks the source of information/data and their reliability
- Checks the exactitude and accurateness of data and calculation
- Checks the respects of the rules and methodology used
- Checks the global consistency of data between themselves and according to sector/comparable activities
- Checks and interprets evolution of data, identify trends
- Identify additional risks (fiscal, licenses, contracts, etc.)
- Exchanges information with CO in order to complete LAF
- Checks - with COO - that procedures of credit risk follow-up and monitoring is respected (quality and frequency of post-disbursement visits).
- Periodically analyzes quantitatively and qualitatively the loan portfolio of Advans Nigeria (sector concentration, product concentration, etc.)
- Periodically perform default/PAR studies, measuring in particular the impact of collaterals, members of LCM and other on risk exposure
- Makes recommendations (training, process, procedures, etc.) in order to improve the quality of analysis
- Constitutes a database enable the Bank to build comparison/reference criteria between companies from the same sectors
- Proposes evolutions in the policy, process, procedure, methodology, LAF, products, collaterals, related to the risks identified
- Intervenes, if requested to, on certain cases of recovery.
- Controls loan files based on tangible elements
- Informs directly MD/CEO/COO in case of serious violations, in order for the management to take appropriate steps.
Required Skills and Competencies
- At least 2 year of experience in a financial institution on analysis.
Formation and Domain of Expertise:
- Formation: accountancy, banking and finance
- Domain of expertise: analysis, risk management
- IT skills: word / excel / powerpoint + openoffice environment.
Human Qualities and Soft Skills:
- Good human relationships
- Analytical skills, synthesis skills.
Application Closing Date
31st January, 2016.
How to Apply
interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online