HSE Officer at Energi Talent Resourcing – We are a specialist technical recruitment partner to the Oil & Gas and Power sector; finding and placing market-leading talent. We help organisations to attract the most suitable talent in the market instead of being limited to a list of candidates that are actively seeking jobs.
Using our knowledge and expertise we carefully team the right candidates with the right positions on every occasion – which is one of the many reasons our clients choose to come back to us time and time again.
Our experienced consultants are specialists within their vertical markets and excel at finding exceptional individuals for challenging roles. They operate with absolute discretion, integrity and professionalism.
Location: Lagos state, Nigeria
We are currently working with a fast growing E&P company in Nigeria to fill the position of a HSE officer to perform safety duties which will include, but are not limited to daily safety walkthroughs, leading daily toolbox discussions, hazard identification, daily writing and walkthroughs making informed safety recommendations, performing safety training, and writing safety reports.
- To assist with the configuration, installation and maintenance of network systems including Local Area Networks and Wide Area Networks.
- Investigating accidents and complaints and determining if there has been a breach of health and safety law
- Carrying out examinations of machinery, working environments and structures, taking measurements of noise, heat, and vibrations, and taking photographs and samples where necessary
- Ensuring workers are provided with suitable protective equipment, such as eye goggles, ear protectors or appropriate types of gloves and clothing
- Investigating procedures for working in hazardous environments or with potentially harmful substances
- Keeping up to date with new legislation and health and safety standards
- Providing specialist advice and information on health and safety to the work and advising on changes required; negotiating with managers and operators to try to eliminate possible conflicts between safety considerations and production/profit
- Writing reports on results of inspections and investigations and completing detailed paperwork; determining when action, i.e. notices and/or prosecution, may be necessary and gathering and presenting the appropriate evidence
- Developing health and safety working programmes and strategies; developing methods to predict possible hazards drawn from experience, historical data and other appropriate information sources
- Providing training and educational support to employers and new/trainee employees.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or a related field.
- Experienced HSE officer with oil and gas experience
- Must have 4+ years in a direct safety role.
- Must have clear and concise communication skills.
- Must have the ability to pay attention to details.
- Must be able to work within a fast pace working environment.
Method of Application
Applicants should submit a detailed CV, including 2 professional references and all certifications that are currently valid.
Please forward a copy of your CV to:
HSE OFFICER >> firstname.lastname@example.org